Impact Award Volunteer Reader
Please consider volunteering your time to read & evaluate this year’s nominations!
Impact on Education is pleased to continue its Impact Awards Program designed to honor five outstanding individuals in the Boulder Valley School District. The mission of the Impact Awards program is to recognize individuals in the district who have an extraordinary impact on student learning by valuing education, service to students, and leadership by example. We strive to identify the most inspiring individuals involved in public education in the District.
Who is eligible for the Impact Award?
- Certified classroom teachers and specialists
- Administrators such as principals, assistant principals, dean of students
- District level administrators
- Classified employees such as secretaries, custodians, para-educators, and bus drivers.
The Impact Award is an achievement and title that winners carry for a lifetime!
What do Impact Award recipients receive?
- A recognition celebration hosted by Impact On Education in March 2015
- An Impact Award plaque of achievement
- $500.00 for each winner, a financial contribution to each winner’s school or department, and an iPad mini!
Important Dates for Nomination Readers
October 1 -November 3, 2014 Online Nomination Period
November 21 – December 3, 2014 Online Nomination Evaluation Period
January 2015 Impact Award Finalists Interviews
March 2015 Impact Awards Celebration at the historic Boulder Theater
- Read through this information sheet.
- Identify yourself as the Reader by completing the Volunteer Registration form.
- Reading Period shall only take place between November 21st and December 8th, 2014. Each registered volunteer will receive a minimum of 6 nominations to read & evaluate. Readers are welcome to read more than six.
- At the close of the Reading Period, median scores will be automatically calculated. Nominations with the top scoring medians will move forward to the Finalist Interview process.
Reading & Scoring Guide
Each of the nominations will have 7 key sections to read & evaluate. Each section will not exceed 2,000 characters (including spaces). You will assign scores based on the nominees impact on:
- Development of lifelong love of learning
- Recognition & response to individual differences
- Innovation in teaching &/or use of instructional technology
- Impact on student growth over time
- High personal & professional standards
- Other significant qualities
- Score nominations on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 indicating a highest score and 1 indicating a lowest score.
- A score of “0” should be applied to any nominations that should be disqualified. Reasons for disqualification include:
- Mention of the Nominee’s first and/or last names
- Mention of the Nominee’s school name
- Nominations should be read prior to inputting scores online. After registering, nominations as well as sample rubric will be sent to readers just prior to the Reading Period.
Questions? Contact Amy Lee at Impact on Education. Click here if you would like to become a reader!