September 8, 2020
Impact on Education is currently seeking a Communications Director to join our team. If you are an experienced and talented communications professional with a passion for helping students, we want to hear from you! See below and please send a cover letter and resume to us at info @ impactoneducation.org. No phone calls please!
Job Title: Communications Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full-time Exempt
Pay Rate: $55,000 – $65,000
About Impact of Education
Impact on Education is the foundation supporting Boulder Valley’s Public Schools. Since 1983, we’ve been BVSD’s support system, providing supplemental funding and resources to all 31,000 students and 4,000 educators in order to expand what’s possible in education. Today, our wide-ranging programs work to close the achievement gaps in BVSD, address economic and learning barriers that curtail success, and increase equity among all students.
The COVID-19 crisis has heightened the need for our support as thousands of students rely on us to access essentials like home internet, technology and food. The need to communicate effectively with our stakeholders has grown, so we are looking for a full-time Communications Director to join our team. Impact on Education’s offices are located in Louisville, Colorado, but we are currently allowing employees to work remotely as needed.
We are a small but mighty team who shares a passion for educational equity and believes strongly in the potential of all students. We are committed to doing excellent work and giving our all to the students in this community. This is a unique opportunity for a proven and effective communications professional to join our team and grow our impact. Some of the key job responsibilities include:
- Manage the Master Communications Plan to include consistent brand messaging internally and externally. External audiences include all IOE databases, social media, BVSD platforms, traditional print and digital media, and partner communication sources.
- Consistent with our Communications Plan, manage and prepare written communication surrounding events/programs and presentations for a diverse audience including board members, social media, school district communications, volunteers, PTO/A leaders, principals, community, etc.
- Design and create marketing and communications materials, managing contracted graphic designers as needed
- Update website and social media platforms to ensure accurate information and oversee content creation to increase brand messaging and SEO
- Prepare press releases for special updates, news, plans and events
- Maintain contact database and craft email campaigns
- Coordinate e-newsletter creation and distribution
- Manage website and social media accounts
- Work with staff to develop and implement communication standards and procedures
- Create and/or update and uphold brand guidelines and style standards
- Create and manage editorial calendars for all communication channels, managing contracted copywriters as needed
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to use print, email, website and social media effectively to deliver content
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strategic thinker
- Has an eye for design and the skills to create head-turning digital and print materials
- Can spot a typo from two documents away
- Loves grammar and has strong opinions about the Oxford comma and the use of double negatives
- Always learning new tricks to make both words and images stronger
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- Multiple years of experience in public relations, including supervisory and comprehensive marketing experience
- Experience working with non-profits or mission-driven companies a plus
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and cover letter to info @ impactoneducation.org. This job is open until filled. Thank you!