For BVSD graduates planning to pursue engineering, forestry, nursing or medicine at a Colorado university or college.
Established in 2021, the Earl and Barbara Bolton Scholarship is awarded from a bequest given to Impact on Education by this generous couple. Born in 1920 and 1924 respectively, Barbara and Earl both grew up in Boulder County: Barbara in the City of Boulder and Earl in the City of Longmont. The pair met in grade school, but fell in love while attending Boulder High School.
Earl was a distinguished Army veteran and Barbara was the first draftswoman for Boeing. The couple settled in Boulder and worked with the National Bureau of Standards (now known as the National Institute of Standards and Technology), until retiring together in 1980. They dedicated much of their lives to aviation, history, education and travel. Learn more about Earl and Barbara Bolton.
- $5,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years ($20,000)
- Payable to the student awardee, pending verification of attendance and enrollment
- Current BVSD student
- Demonstrate high academic achievement
- Demonstrate financial need
- Acceptance letter to a public or private college, community college, university, or trade/vocational school in the State of Colorado full-time
- Plans to pursue careers in engineering, forestry, nursing or the sciences
- Must take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester
- Must maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.75