Our Student Advisory Board is a fun and collaborative leadership experience for Boulder Valley School District (BVSD) high school students.
We launched this program in 2019 to help advise our efforts and guide our investments. Our Student Advisory Board brings together students currently enrolled in Boulder Valley’s 13 high schools to share their perspectives and insights and create an initiative focused on an issue of importance to them.
What I Know Now
A new leadership opportunity for the 2020-2021 Student Advisory Board involves conducting interviews with members of our local community. Pairs of students are preparing questions and sitting down for virtual conversations with a diverse group of local leaders to answer the question: What do you know now?
Looking back from high school to the present, what stands out? What lessons or insights do you want to share with students? And what advice can you offer as students navigate issues from equity to diversity to innovation in public schools?
Students will be interviewing leaders from a variety of industries, including government, tech, natural foods, and healthcare. Each interview will be a little different, but we hope you’ll be inspired by their honest conversations about topics important to our students and maybe learn something new.
- Bhavna Chhabra, Payment Engineering Director and Boulder Site Lead for Google
- Justin Gold, Founder of Justin’s
- KC Becker, Former representative and Speaker, Colorado House of Representatives
- Pete Estler, an innovative tech entrepreneur
- Joe Neguse, U.S. Congressman
- Jane Brautigam, Former City Manager, Boulder
- Isaac Sendros, CEO of Avista Adventist Hospital
- Koel Thomae, Co-founder of noosa yoghurt